[rfc-i] Proposal for v3 to simplify most references

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Mon Feb 10 08:52:56 PST 2014

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 10:50 AM, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor)
<rse at rfc-editor.org> wrote:
> One of the things I expect is that the final XML will be fairly
> self-contained.  In this case, that would mean that the final, canonical
> XML file would contain the references pulled from the citation library
> at the time of publication.

That's a good idea.

I wouldn't mind if stable references are left as references through an
external reference library, but it'd have to be a library maintained
by the RFC-Editor, as otherwise there's no way to guarantee stability.

Nico