[rfc-i] Proposal for v3 to simplify most referneces

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Sun Feb 9 14:20:46 PST 2014

On Feb 9, 2014, at 2:02 PM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke at gmx.de> wrote:

> I think we shouldn't conflate reference libraries, a general inclusion mechanism, and naming.
>
> These are three different problems, and we should address them separately.

That's one way of looking at the problems. The view I chose is that the problems are the difficulty to the user of the current system, plus the difficulty to the RFC Editor. That is, I don't see this as a technology problem, but a usability problem. If you have other problems you want to solve without making life harder for people writing Internet drafts, by all means define them and propose solutions to them.

--Paul Hoffma