[rfc-i] <list> brainstorming

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Wed Feb 5 13:34:25 PST 2014

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor)
<rse at rfc-editor.org> wrote:
> On 1/28/14 8:46 AM, Nico Williams wrote:
>> (and
>> maybe also distinguish from blockquote by adding a blockquote element)
>
> This makes a great deal of sense to me.  It is simple and will help with
> handling quotes in a sensible way.

I'd go so far as to say that a quote element could have optional
attributes indicating the source of the quote (e.g., so as to make it
easier to identify, extract and validate quotes).  A non-block quote
element (inline quote, no indentation) might also be nice but much
less necessary.  The main thing is to distinguish arbitrary, stylistic
indentation from indentation for block-quoting, both because the
latter might have special rendering, and to make extraction of at
least blockquotes easy.

Nico