[rfc-i] Author Names/ids

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Mon Apr 28 09:47:33 PDT 2014

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> What is the problem we are trying to solve here?
> Is the current system broken in any way?
>
> (I may not have a typical view of this "problem". There is rarely any
> question of *which* Kyzivat is being referenced.)

At least three problems:

 - author name continuity across changes of name or name preferences

 - author name continuity across display capabilities, romanization, ...

 - author location continuity across employer changes

I'm a bit skeptical about the second item, but the first and third are
very real.

Nico