[rfc-i] I-D Action: draft-flanagan-nonascii-01.txt

Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) rse at rfc-editor.org
Mon Apr 21 10:50:49 PDT 2014

On 4/20/14, 6:42 PM, "Martin J. Dürst" wrote:
> While we are at it: Any decent search engine is perfectly able to find
> Faltstrom when one searches for Fältström, and to find Fältström when
> one searches for Faltstrom. Same with many other names. It would be good
> if the need for an ASCII-only identifier were either justified better or
> just removed.

Based on other input I've received, I don't feel comfortable making that
assumption regarding search engines or OS libraries that feed *grep.  I
know there are ways to make all of the above work (regexs are beautiful
things) but I think having the fallback plan of an ASCII-only identifier
still makes sense for now.

-Heather