[rfc-i] New v3 draft
paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Sat Apr 19 10:09:27 PDT 2014
Greetings again. There have been a ton of changes in the last month, and more are expected as the draft moves forwards. The diff below lists them all, but some of the bigger ones are:
- Revamped the Introduction to make the list of changes from v2 clearer.
- Added an extensive discussion of how v3 processors are expected to work (see Appendix B).
- The new references idea floated in earlier drafts was removed because it opened too many cans of worms at the same time. Most of what we want is now doable through the introduction of <xi:include>
- Split <artwork> into <artwork> and <sourcecode>.
- Replaced the earlier proposed <tindent> with <aside> (which is already part of HTML).
- Added text formatting <strong>/<b>, <em>/<i>, and <tt>.
- Allowed section, figure, and table titles to have formatting and references.
- Added a new appendix that shows the schema differences between v2 and v3.
Many thanks to the reviewers so far, and to the reviewers to come!
Begin forwarded message:
> From: internet-drafts at ietf.org
> Subject: New Version Notification for draft-hoffman-xml2rfc-05.txt
> Date: April 19, 2014 at 9:58:51 AM PDT
> To: "Paul E. Hoffman" <paul.hoffman at vpnc.org>, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman at vpnc.org>
> A new version of I-D, draft-hoffman-xml2rfc-05.txt
> has been successfully submitted by Paul Hoffman and posted to the
> IETF repository.
> Name: draft-hoffman-xml2rfc
> Revision: 05
> Title: The 'XML2RFC' version 3 Vocabulary
> Document date: 2014-04-19
> Group: Individual Submission
> Pages: 106
> URL: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-xml2rfc-05.txt
> Status: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hoffman-xml2rfc/
> Htmlized: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hoffman-xml2rfc-05
> Diff: http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hoffman-xml2rfc-05
More information about the rfc-interest