[rfc-i] Inconsistency about the Chicago Manual Of Style in draft-iab-styleguide-02.txt

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Mon Apr 14 14:32:00 PDT 2014

On Apr 14, 2014, at 2:25 PM, Barry Leiba <barryleiba at computer.org> wrote:

>> Thus, either the rule in Section 3.2 should (finally!) change, or you
>> need to change Section 1 to say "...computer languages, or to
>> preserve historical formatting rules".
>
> Geez-Louise; I *like* the double space.

I don't, but that's not what I'm arguing about. I'm saying that the Style Guide should not appeal-to-authority and then ignore the authority in a place where the authority is completely clear and a sizable number of the people in community support the authority's view. Either appeal-to-authority and follow it, or be honest about not really believing in the authority.

--Paul Hoffman