[rfc-i] draft-iab-styleguide-02 on referencing STDs

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Fri Apr 11 06:29:33 PDT 2014

+1 to all of Julian's concerns, particularly the conclusions:

> a) Yes, we'd need names for the STDs and BCPs.
>
> b) It still makes it hard to reference something specific in the series contents.
>
> This absolutely needs much more work, please don't rush it out.

If you change the Style Guide to the current proposal for STDs/BCPs, that will become "good enough" even though it really isn't. Instead, please leave this as ambiguous and set up a design team to figure out if at least (a) is possible. If it is, then (b) is certainly possible.

--Paul Hoffman