[rfc-i] RFC Format Design Team update and the IETF 88 BoF

Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) rse at rfc-editor.org
Wed Oct 30 13:43:44 PDT 2013

Hello all,

Three months ago, the RFC Format Design Team was created to document
requirements in sufficient detail to develop a Statement of Work for
the specifications of tools needed to implement changes in the RFC
format.  The team has relied on a dedicated wiki space
(https://www.rfc-editor.org/rse/wiki/doku.php?id=design:start) to
capture details and discussions, a mailing list that has seen up to 130
messages a day, and a bi-weekly teleconference to hash out details.  It
has been a very productive three months.

I will be going over the highlights of the work to date at the BoF on
Thursday, 7 November 2013 in Regency B room at 17:30.  There is a great
deal of material to cover.  In order to avoid an unstructured and
inefficient Q&A session, I strongly encourage you to review the slides
and the wiki in advance of the BoF.

A copy of the slides is available on the wiki, as are the current lists
of requirements.  Please take a few moments to review the slides and the
wiki space - the BoF will be much more effective and efficient if you do.

https://www.rfc-editor.org/rse/wiki/doku.php?id=design:start

As always, please let me know if you have any questions!
Heather Flanagan, RSE