[rfc-i] xml2rfc borked on Mavericks?

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Fri Oct 25 07:46:20 PDT 2013

On Oct 24, 2013, at 9:37 PM, Tim Bray <tbray at textuality.com> wrote:

> I can’t get the shiny new Python xml2rfc to run on Mavericks; if this is working for anyone else I’ll assume it is one of the Google customizations getting in my way.  I tried with a homebrew-installed python too; either way, it blows up on a missing XML library.

Broken here too:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/xml2rfc", line 4, in <module>
    import pkg_resources
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources.py", line 2607, in <module>
    parse_requirements(__requires__), Environment()
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources.py", line 565, in resolve
    raise DistributionNotFound(req)  # XXX put more info here
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: xml2rfc==2.4.0
xml2rfc returned 1

--Paul Hoffman