[rfc-i] [irtf-discuss] RFCs accepted journal articles

Phillip Hallam-Baker hallam at gmail.com
Fri May 3 14:01:27 PDT 2013

Tim Berners-Lee submitted a paper on the WWW to Hypertext '92, it was
rejected.
In 1993 they asked him to give the keynote.

I don't think getting papers published in the lit is a valid or useful
criteria for career progression. Any tenure committee that is relying on
peer review to decide is stupid.

I am happy for the IETF to do whatever is necessary to for academics to
gain checklist compliance. Debugging a stupid process is not our problem.

Website: http://hallambaker.com/