[rfc-i] [irtf-discuss] RFCs accepted journal articles

Phillip Hallam-Baker hallam at gmail.com
Fri May 3 09:58:34 PDT 2013

Well first off I am actually paid to participate in IETF, so it isn't an
issue.

I did participate in IETF while I was retired but that was because:

* IETF did not charge me to participate
* IETF makes my immediate work product (specifications) available at no
charge
* I couldn't spend all my time making daleks even if I wanted to

I am not a 'free software' zealot. I have never had a problem with someone
taking my designs and implementing them.

What sticks in my craw is when people propose that they take my work, make
it their exclusive property and limit access to it. That does not add any
value to me.

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/