[rfc-i] RFCs accepted journal articles

Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) rse at rfc-editor.org
Thu May 2 17:30:12 PDT 2013

On 4/25/13 2:00 AM, SM wrote:
> Hi Marcelo,
> At 01:32 25-04-2013, marcelo bagnulo braun wrote:
>> What would be really useful would be that the RFC series are included
>> in the Journal Citation Report. I have asked this to the RFC editor a
>> while ago, but i didnt received any reply.
>>
>> This would go a very long way (at least in this part of the world) to
>> make them valid as a an merit for the academics.
>
> I suggest asking the RSE about the above.

There are a few things that would, to my understanding, help make RFCs
more broadly recognized in the academic world, adding DOIs in
particular.  Sounds like the Journal Citation Report could be another
possibility.  What other things should be pursued in the search for
academic validation?

I will add this to my list of things I want to follow up on, but I am
not likely to get to this until later this year.  Most of my time is
being spent on the Format effort and Style Guide issues and is likely to
continue that way for the foreseeable future.

-Heather Flanagan