[rfc-i] Independent I-D no longer in the RFC Editor queue?

Nevil Brownlee rfc-ise at rfc-editor.org
Tue Mar 19 17:52:54 PDT 2013

Hi Stephane et al:

This reflects a change in handling of the Independent Stream.

Traditionally the Independent Stream used the RFC Editor database,
that's what states ISR, ISR-AUTH and TO were used for.

Last year the DataTracker changed, with extensions that allow the
ISE to keep that information in the Tracker.  Over the last few months
I've been moving the Independent Stream drafts over to the Tracker.
As of last week, all of them had been moved, so I asked the RFC Editor
to remove them from their queue.

So now, Independent Stream drafts show up in Tracker with ISE as their
stream, and you can find more detail of their state by looking in
their Tracker information.  When they're approved for publication,
the ISE will pass them to the RFC Production Centre for publication.

This change means that the Independent Stream handling of drafts is now
the same as for the other streams.

The reason you've noticed the change is that I hadn't entered the
current state information into the Tracker Extensions.  I have now.

Cheers, Nevil