[rfc-i] [IAB Trac] #262: Regarding section 2.3

IAB issue tracker trac+iab at trac.tools.ietf.org
Thu Mar 7 10:06:03 PST 2013

#262: Regarding section 2.3

Comment (by hlflanagan at gmail.com):

 I've slightly modified the text for 2.3 to be clear I am talking about the
 publication process:

 Today, each RFC has an nroff file created prior to publication.  For RFCs
 revised using an XML file, this file is created by converting XML to nroff
 at the final step.  As more documents are submitted with an XML file (so
 far in 2012, 66% of approved I-Ds were submitted with an XML file), this
 conversion is problematic in terms of time spent and data lost from XML.
 Making the publication process more efficient for the RFC Editor is
 strongly desired.

 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-iab-
  nico at cryptonector.com  |  rfcformatreq at tools.ietf.org
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new