[rfc-i] Something clearly needs to change

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Tue Jun 25 16:15:34 PDT 2013

On 6/25/2013 3:05 PM, SM wrote:
> As a note to Dave, it's not me; it's the team.  I am really serious
> about this.  I am amazed by what each of you have done.  Everyone has
> helped in their own way and people have gone out of their way to help.

Well, ok. You and I couldn't do more.  It's those other folk...

But to indulge in a small amount of seriousness: everyone who does more
that just participate as an inidivudal, technical contributor in the
IETF -- that is, everyone who works on any of the surrounding activities
in the IETF -- typically puts in quite a bit of effort.  That's why I am
concerned that we not impart a sense that they aren't doing "enough" or
-- worse -- that the responsibility for making things better is 'theirs'
rather than 'ours'.

My own rule is simple:  When I suggest that something be done
differently, I try to offer a concrete, specific suggestion, in as much
detail as I can formulate.  At a minimum, it's meant to take some
responsibility for figuring out what needs to change.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking