[rfc-i] [IAB] RSOC Appointments

Bernard Aboba bernard.aboba at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 11:48:58 PDT 2013

Dave & SM:

Thanks for bringing this up.  Over the last year it seems to have become harder to recruit candidates for many IETF roles. Re-running calls for candidates is becoming common - once, twice, even three times.  This makes it difficult to meet a timeline for appointments, and turns recruiting into a continuous ongoing activity.

Something clearly needs to change. New programs (e.g. Mentoring), new processes, new blood.