[rfc-i] [IAB] RSOC Appointments

SM sm at resistor.net
Tue Jun 25 10:39:42 PDT 2013

Hi Dave,
At 10:11 25-06-2013, Dave Crocker wrote:
> From this exchange, I cannot tell what you are specifically asking
> to have done differently.

I mentioned that it was a missed opportunity.  What I mean is to try
and do things differently if there is an opportunity to do
so.  Otherwise it is not possible to resolve what several persons
from the IETF Community has labelled as a "serious issue".

>"Recruiting" can mean many different things.  They make public
>announcements.  As I recall, they do it more than once.
>
>What more should this volunteer crew of recruiters be tasked with
>doing, specifically?

I was asked a similar question from an IETF Area Director.  I would
expect that people recruiting other people would do more than an
announcement to get a good pool of candidates.  If someone is an IAB
member I would expect the person to be aware of the debates that have
been going on and to use his or her imagination.  If IAB members has
put in some effort I would try to suggest something (for example, an
answer to the above question).  It seems to me that anyone can do the
"we sent a few announcements" if the person has posting rights to
ietf-announce at .

Regards,
-sm