[rfc-i] Embedding stuff (code, etc.) in RFCs

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Fri Jul 12 12:57:28 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Dearlove, Christopher (UK)
<chris.dearlove at baesystems.com> wrote:
> The .txt is the definitive RFC, so extracting from that has its advantages.

Yes.  See RFC5662 for an example of how to do this reliably.

should suffice -- certainly when consuming the XML (it should be
trivial to extract artwork using XSLT).  xml2rfc could grow a new PI
by which to indicate whether (and how) to "quote for extraction"
artwork of specific types, or perhaps this should be a new attribute
for <artwork>.

Nico