[rfc-i] Embedding stuff (code, etc.) in RFCs

Riccardo Bernardini framefritti at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 08:21:00 PDT 2013

Dear all,
recently there was a discussion about the problem of publishing source
code associated with RFCs. I gave some thought to the problem and
developed a general and very light-weight format for embedding code in
an RFC that allows for automatic extraction while maintaining the
readability of the code. I collected my reflections and my proposal
(with the respective software embedded, of course!:) in an I-D

       http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernardini-embedded-code-00.txt

The I-D is still a bit rough  and the code is still to be fully
tested, but before investing some more time I would like to know if
this can be of some interest.  Of course, suggestions and observations
(polite ones :-) :-) are welcome.

Best regards,

Riccardo