[rfc-i] draft-iab-rfcformatreq-01: fixed-width != ASCII

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Fri Jan 25 00:39:09 PST 2013

On Jan 25, 2013, at 9:28 AM, Ole Jacobsen <ole at cisco.com> wrote:
> IF the objective is to define a new
> format for the "pretty" (printed) version of an RFC then we should NOT
> have double spaces between each sentence.

If the solution chosen has the characteristic that the number of spaces between sentence is hard-coded, then you're pretty much talking about PDF, in which case we might as well just give up and stick with ASCII.   Any presentation format that can't re-flow to fit the display size is a waste of effort.   If the format _can_ reflow, then inter-sentence spacing is a matter of user preference, not encoded in the format.