[rfc-i] Number of submission formats

Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) jhildebr at cisco.com
Sun Jan 20 13:56:44 PST 2013

On 1/18/13 5:03 PM, "Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor)"
<rse at rfc-editor.org> wrote:

>Of course the RFC Editor would prefer to work with a single Submission
>format.  As others on this thread have pointed out, it would make many
>things more efficient for the editors and possibly for authors as well.
> However, based on my discussions with the Stream Managers and other
>advisers, I do not believe that is something I can reasonably require at
>this time.  I will encourage it, but I am not ready to require it.

One thing you do have at your disposal for incentivizing the behavior you
desire is response time.  If submissions in your preferred format are
processed more quickly because it's easier for your staff, I doubt anyone
would be surprised.

--
Joe Hildebrand