[rfc-i] new RFC search page (beta)
arusso at amsl.com
Fri Jan 18 14:15:31 PST 2013
The RFC search page (beta) - http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php - has been updated as detailed below. It will replace the current search page on Jan. 23. As a reminder, some of the features we think will make the new search page better are as follows.
Additional search criteria:
- Stream, Area, or WG that produced the RFC
- Publication date
- Abstract text
- link to RFC info pages
(e.g., RFC 2026 links to http://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc2026)
- link to subseries info pages (new)
(e.g., BCP 14 links to http://www.rfc-editor.org/info/bcp14)
- clearly show files that are available for a given RFC
(e.g., RFC 4601 has 3 files available: http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search_detail.php?4601)
- show when an RFC is the same as or part of a subseries identifier
- use URL-encoded parameters
(e.g., here are IRTF documents published in 2012: http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search_detail.php?stream_name=IRTF&from_year=2012&to_year=2012)
The following items (as reported by rfc-interest subscribers) were addressed.
- After clicking 'All', another result appears that was not shown in the initial results.
- Oddity with the checkboxes for Status.
- Specific date display for April Fools' RFCs.
- For "Number" and "Date" sort, the sortkey should not be numeric.
- Remove extraneous parens around file formats.
- Lack of "alt" for header image. (Note: alt is only visible when 'Load images automatically' preference is off in the browser.)
Items that have not been addressed are listed under 'F. Requested Changes' onhttp://www.rfc-editor.org/search/about.html. Further reports should be sent torfc-editor at rfc-editor.org.
More information about the rfc-interest