[rfc-i] "wysiwyg" requirement

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Wed Jan 16 10:54:29 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor)
<rse at rfc-editor.org> wrote:
> I agree that a WYSIWYG tool can be useful to authors.  And, since it
> would be used for authors writing I-D rather than the RFCs themselves,
> it falls under the purview of the community to create the tool rather
> than the RFC Editor to require it.  I do hope someone in the community
> picks this up and writes one.

There are several already.  So I think it's fair to leave that matter as it is.

I think we're quickly converging on an XML schema with enough
formatting/typesetting elements for those corner cases where the RFC
typesetting tools need hints/direction.

Nico