[rfc-i] [IAB Trac] #269: Discussion of UTF-8 in RFCs (Section 3.3)

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 23:52:08 PST 2013

Heather,

A test case if I may. Is this normative or informative use of UTF-8?

"UTF-8 strings MUST be allowed (for example, 'smörgåsbord')."

The first half is clearly normative but the second half, IMHO, isn't.

I'm not trying to be clever here; I am genuinely unsure what your
text means to me as an author or reviewer.

   Brian