[rfc-i] Requirement for "clear printing"

Tony Hansen tony at att.com
Tue Feb 19 09:10:02 PST 2013

> a) "Clear printing" is too vague, and we should say something more
> like "Easily legible printing on A4 or US Letter size paper, whenever
> possible without splitting figures and tables."

agreed

> b) There is a separate question of whether we also require identical
> pagination on those two paper sizes.

The current format gives the same pagination on both paper sizes. If we
have a plain printable format with the characteristics in (a), it should
continue to have the same pagination on the two paper sizes.

> c) There is a separate question whether we also require fine-grain
> markers such as paragraph numbers.

Paragraph numbers are intrinsic to the semantic content and shouldn't
require any specific markup.

     Tony