Paul Kyzivat pkyzivat at alum.mit.edu
Tue Feb 19 09:00:14 PST 2013

On 2/19/13 11:27 AM, Ted Lemon wrote:
> On Feb 19, 2013, at 11:14 AM, Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>> Does *anybody* still use a printer that can't handle a wide range of fonts and font sizes?
>
> I still use ASCII terminals, and it's certainly helpful sometimes to be able to look at an RFC in one.   Not so useful that it needs to be the canonical format, but plain text ASCII (or UTF-8 would be fine with me) is definitely still useful, albeit nowhere near as useful as it was back in the days of daisy-wheel printers...

Where do you find an ASCII terminal these days?
Or do you just mean you 'cat' drafts in a terminal window?

You only go back as far as daisy-wheel printers? :-)
Those were toys. I'm talking about serious *line* printers that printed
corporate statements, paychecks, and core dumps before the invention of
laser printers.

The "good old days" :-)

	Thanks,
	Paul