Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Tue Feb 19 06:30:26 PST 2013

On 2/18/2013 9:10 AM, Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) wrote:
>     In the HTML prototype I did,
> there were small languages for PDUs, equations, and sequence diagrams.
> These were left in the output as the alt text for the images that they
> generated, with the side-benefit that there was something in the document
> a visually-impaired person could use.

One of the problems in the on-going discussion about representation, is
our tendency to want to invent rather that adopt.

The more details about representation that we create -- rather than
select something existing and widely deployed with a long history -- the
more we need special software to process it.  The more we need special
software, the more we endanger long-term viability.

d/

--
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking