Martin Rex mrex at sap.com
Mon Feb 18 19:34:13 PST 2013

Nico Williams wrote:

> I don't really care for page numbers, or pagination to come out the
> same on Letter and A4.  I'm not opposed, but I don't think it should
> be a strong requirement: if it conflicts with other requirements then
> I'd rather see Ran's requirement be dropped.

I care _very_much_ for page numbers.

For current RFCs and IDs, page numbers come out equal on A4 and US paper,
so keeping this should be trivial (and any format that has a problem
keeping this feature is likely broken.

If there are fancy new features proposed that interfere with producing
pre-paginated TXT RFCs that come out equal on A4 and US paper,
then those fancy new features ought to be postponed until there is
proof that we absolutely need such breaking features.

-Martin