Joel M. Halpern jmh at joelhalpern.com
Mon Feb 18 17:05:05 PST 2013

Without commenting on some of the other aspects, I do not see why
"printing equally well on US letter and A4 paper" includes having the
same page numbers.  I do think that printouts ought to ave page numbers,
because the paper can get disordered.
But "equally well" distinctly is not the same as "identically".  If we
want to require that it print identically on bot paper sizes, we should
say that.  I don't actually want that.  I do want it to print clearly,
readably, and usefully.  I do not think having the page numbers match
something else, some of the time, will be relevant.  (The page numbers I
get on my nook are sometimes quite interesting.)

Yours,
Joel