Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) jhildebr at cisco.com
Mon Feb 18 09:10:17 PST 2013

On 2/15/13 1:10 PM, "Marc Petit-Huguenin" <petithug at acm.org> wrote:

>I wonder if a simple solution to that problem would not be to use a formal
>language representation in the input format and output text format,
>representation that can be automatically converted to a graphic for some
>formats, i.e, the txt format would keep the formal language and the HTML
>and
>PDF would have the graphic.

Yes, I think this is the right way to go.  In the HTML prototype I did,
there were small languages for PDUs, equations, and sequence diagrams.
These were left in the output as the alt text for the images that they
generated, with the side-benefit that there was something in the document
a visually-impaired person could use.

--
Joe Hildebrand