Joel M. Halpern jmh at joelhalpern.com
Sun Feb 17 09:07:57 PST 2013

I chatted with Ran.  In my experience, page numbers are very difficult
references to user for RFCs.  And given that we don't expect all forms
to have page numbers, they are probably a bad practice, since it would
seem that even if someone making he reference has a page number, the
person they are speaking with may not (for example, he email list as a
whole.)

It seems to me that we should be more explicit about what we do mea my
clear printing.  But I do not see that page numbers fit with that.

And no, I don't think we should remove the requirement for clear
printability.  It may suffice that there be a clearly and easily
printable format.

Yours,
Joel