Joel M. Halpern jmh at joelhalpern.com
Sat Feb 16 14:49:03 PST 2013

Conversely, why should the canonical format be required to support page
numbers?

The underlying requirement we are discussing is for printability.  It
does seem to me that we need a clear requirement tat things be
printable.  That does not mean it has to have page numbers.  It does
seem to me to mean that things should be printable on both US Letter and
A4 paper.  (I doubt it means printable on any form factor paper someone
happens to have handy.)

Is it sufficient that there be a printable form? Should we require that
all forms be printable?  What other constraints go with "clear"?

Yours,
Joel