"Martin J. Dürst" duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Fri Feb 15 23:01:15 PST 2013

Hello Ran,

On 2013/02/16 4:10, RJ Atkinson wrote:

> I have no objection to including other formats
> with different column limits (or other formats
> with no column limit).

If you allow other formats, but have to tell everybody who is working
on/with that document to use the one specifically paginated format, in
order for the page numbers to match, that doesn't seem to get us very far.

It seem much easier to tell everybody to use section(/paragraph)
numbers. That has worked extremely well for other standards
organizations (e.g. W3C) for more than a decade.

Regards,   Martin.