Paul Kyzivat pkyzivat at alum.mit.edu
Fri Feb 15 11:41:47 PST 2013

On 2/15/13 2:10 PM, RJ Atkinson wrote:

> On 15  Feb 2013, at 13:23 , Paul Hoffman wrote:
>> Yes, it does, by keeping the column limitation to 72.
>
> I have no objection to including other formats
> with different column limits (or other formats
> with no column limit).
>
> A limitation that is specific to one of several possible
> formats (i.e. my proposal) is (by definition) NOT a limitation
> to the other possible formats.

Being required to provide a form of the ascii art limited to 72 columns
imposes a severe limitation on the sorts of figures you can use.

Increasing the limit to 90 columns would help a *little*.

Unfortunately there are lots of things I would like to put into drafts
that won't work with ascii art of any sort. (Right now I am looking at a
UML class diagram with 28 classes that have a lot of interconnections.
It *ought* to be in a draft, but it isn't going to be in one any time soon.

	Thanks,
	Paul