Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Fri Feb 15 10:53:00 PST 2013

Just as a counterpoint, I always work from the electronic version of the RFC (nowadays--I used to use paper just like you), and I refer to parts of drafts by section number and paragraph, not by page number, because I don't feel safe in assuming that the person with whom I am communicating is looking at a version that even _has_ page numbers, but it does seem reasonable to expect that section numbering will be consistent at least to a particular version of a document.