RJ Atkinson rja.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 10:10:26 PST 2013

On 15  Feb 2013, at 13:00 , Paul Hoffman wrote:
> On Feb 15, 2013, at 9:54 AM, RJ Atkinson <rja.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The selected values work today, and for past decades,
>> for essentially all A4 printers and also for essentially
>> all US-Letter printers, giving the same printed result.
>
> If that's good enough for you to want to hobble our use
> of ASCII art forever, that's fine;

My proposal does not "hobble our use of ASCII art".

I don't know why you are misreading my quite narrow
proposal as being so much broader than it actually is.

My proposal simply says that at least one RFC format will
have text/plain (*.txt) contents (e.g., not HTML and not PDF),
have consistent pagination, consistent printed page numbers,
and consistent overall printed result for both A4 and
US-Letter printers.

Yours,

Ran