Paul Kyzivat pkyzivat at alum.mit.edu
Fri Feb 15 08:32:25 PST 2013

I guess individual custom does vary widely.
I'm not aware of anybody who uses paper versions regularly.
I think some people do print them to read on a plane, but technology is
rapidly rendering that irrelevant.

I am of an age that grew up on paper. I've been trying to get away from
it for years, and by now I nearly have. I can't remember the last time I
touched a paper copy of a draft.

OTOH, I do usually prefer either the plaintext form, or more often the
HTMLized version of the plaintext that the tools provide. (I really
don't like the HTML version generated by xml2rfc.)

I agree that all versions that are paginated should probably be
paginated the same way. But its less important that the number of lines
per page or characters per line be restricted to current limits. They
should probably be limited so that they can be scaled to fit an 8.5x11"
or A4 page and be readable. Otherwise I don't think it matters much.

	Thanks,
	Paul