[rfc-i] For v3: remove <format>?

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Mon Dec 30 13:39:16 PST 2013

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 01:08:12PM -0800, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) wrote:
> 1. Have a reference that includes links to all versions of an RFC
> published by the RFC Editor.  Presumably, it would look something like this:
>
> [RFC9999]  Doe, J. "TCP Packet Delivery via Drones", RFC 9999,
>            April 2020. {XML|HTML|PDF|TXT|EPUB}

I dislike this arrangement because over time the versions might
change, and this would force you to go back and fix that up.

You did leave out an option, which is to include the reference with
only the "canonical" form, and nothing else.  I don't like that idea
either, but I include it for completeness.

So, I prefer your (2):

> 2. Have a reference that includes a link to the Info Page for an RFC,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com