[rfc-i] For v3: Better identification for multi-document sets

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Sun Dec 29 13:00:51 PST 2013

On Dec 28, 2013, at 1:28 PM, Jim Schaad <ietf at augustcellars.com> wrote:

> Another issue that needs to be considered is the question of recursion.
> Should I be able to do
>
> <reference anchor="Keywords">
>  <reference anchor="BCPXXXX">
>    <reference anchor="RFC2119">

-1. Although it allows grouping for multi-document sets, it also allows all sorts of weird things that we would never want. We would have to create fairly complex rules to avoid those.

At this point, the requirements (not the design) are:
- Ability to name references however the author wants
- Ability to create a single reference that refers to multiple named documents
- The tools that create the non-canonical formats must make links to the multiple named documents within a reference

--Paul Hoffman