[rfc-i] For v3: Better identification for multi-document sets

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Fri Dec 27 10:55:52 PST 2013

On 2013-12-24 04:42, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> There are many multi-RFC BCPs and multi-document standards from another SDOs. Maybe we should add and element or attribute to make reference to these normalized.
>
> --Paul Hoffman

+1

See proposal from John Klensin in
<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/106> from which we
should start:

> It would allow the right thing to happen if, e.g.,
>  (i) <reference> were modified to allow an "aggregate='yes'"
> attribute so that, with that attribute turned on,
>   <reference anchor="BCP0101">
>      &rfc3777;
>      &rfc5633;
>      &rfc5680;
>      &rfc6859;
>   </reference>
>
> would suppress the individual anchors on output but otherwise do
> the right thing.  And

The tricky part is whether the container itself should allow certain
child elements such as <title>, and also what to do with the seriesInfo
elements in nested <references> that repeat the container information.

Best regards, Julian