[rfc-i] Discussion of proposals for the v3 grammar

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Mon Dec 16 13:46:32 PST 2013

Greetings again. As Heather said last week, we are now ready to start discussing and hopefully agreeing on changes we want in the v3 grammar. She has asked me to lead this effort. I'll do that by bringing some of the issues that are on the wiki <https://www.rfc-editor.org/rse/wiki/doku.php?id=design:xml-tags> to this list, marking them on the wiki as they are in discussion or closed out.

Two things related to this:

- We are not quite ready to discuss all of the topics on the list because the v2 draft <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reschke-xml2rfc-03> is not filled in for some of the elements that are on the list. When that draft has all the elements and attributes filled in, we can talk about more of these topics.

- If you have new features for v3 you want on the wiki, start a thread on this mailing list and I'll add them to the wiki.

--Paul Hoffman