[rfc-i] Retirement of the RFC xx99 series

Peter Koch pk at DENIC.DE
Fri Dec 13 09:49:35 PST 2013

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 10:28:44AM -0600, Nico Williams wrote:

> Friday, December 13, is a bit early for an April Fools day joke...

caught in the act.  So, before somebody takes this to Brazil as a serious
governance issue, let's safely assume there's no RFC number exhaustion issue,
of course.  I'd be less optimistic w.r.t. the 5 digits, but we've seen Y2K.

The part that really drove my curiosity while scripting around 1rfc-index.txt
was why some of the non issued RFCs had explicitly been marked and others not so
and whether that could maybe be aligned in any of the two directions.

Thanks,
   Peter