[rfc-i] RFC Production Center request for unnumbered sections

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 11:17:58 PST 2013

On 13/12/2013 03:03, Elwyn Davies wrote:
> Hi.
>
> If we go down the path of modifying the Section element then maybe we
> should consider doing away with the Note element which behaves more or
> less like the proposed unnumbered section but is currently only allowed
> at the end of Front elements - but I guess that is not backwards
> compatible.

Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking of when I mentioned suborning
xml2rfc for non-RFC purposes, as I did years ago during the IETF's
ION experiment. There is a trace of it at the beginning of
http://www.ietf.org/about/process-docs.html
which I maintain using xml2rfc. I could survive having to change the
<note title="Administrivia"> into an unnumbered <section>.

    Brian