[rfc-i] RFC Production Center request for unnumbered sections

Elwyn Davies elwynd at folly.org.uk
Thu Dec 12 06:03:48 PST 2013

Hi.

If we go down the path of modifying the Section element then maybe we
should consider doing away with the Note element which behaves more or
less like the proposed unnumbered section but is currently only allowed
at the end of Front elements - but I guess that is not backwards
compatible.

As an alternative to modifying the Section spec we could allow Notes at
the beginning and/or end of Font and Back.

Currently Notes don't appear in the ToC (mainly because they are before
the ToC I suspect).  This could be be implicitly or explicitly
(toc="yes/no" attribute) modified for Notes later in the document.

How would an unnumbered section be referenced?

Regards,
Elwyn