[rfc-i] RFC Production Center request for unnumbered sections

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Wed Dec 11 12:59:17 PST 2013

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Brian E Carpenter
<brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since the Production Center will be able to enforce section numbering
> where required, and remove it where not required, this change seems
> to me to be just fine. It will also be helpful for anyone who wants to
> suborn xml2rfc for non-RFC purposes.

+1.  More than that, it generalizes something that's currently special-cased.

It will also be helpful for the inverse case: using other tools for
RFC purposes.  E.g., LyX supports unnumbered sections; 'twould be nice
if lyx2rfc also did, but since at the moment lyx2rfc depends on
xml2rfc...

Nico