[rfc-i] Community Input Sought on SOWs for RFC Production Center and RFC Publisher

SM sm at resistor.net
Tue Aug 13 11:26:39 PDT 2013

Hello,
At 14:54 12-08-2013, IETF Administrative Director wrote:
>The RFC Series Editor (RSE) is proposing changes to the Statements
>of Work (SOW) for the RFC
>Production Center (RPC) and the RFC Publisher.  The IAOC wants to
>receive community input prior to
>negotiating the proposed changes with the contractor.  Community
>input will be discussed with the RSE
>prior to negotiations and reviewed by the IAOC.

 From RPC-Proposed-SoW-2013-final.pdf:

Item 6 mentions that the RPC provides and maintains documentation
giving guidance to authors.  Isn't that the Style Guide and doesn't
it fall under the responsibility of the RSE?

Item 6.1.2 mentions that expectations of the RPC.  I would expect
that I have to follow the expectations of the RSE.  What the RPC
expects is an internal matter and isn't a concern to RFC authors.

Item 10.4.2 mentions non-proprietary tools.  I assume that RSOC has
looked into which tools are proprietary and which are non-proprietary
and which tools will be needed in case the existing contractor is no
longer available.

 From PUB-Proposed-SoW-2013-final_000.pdf:

The RFC Publisher is responsible for making RFCs publicly
accessible.  How many incidents has there been (web site, ftp, etc.)
and what was the down time?

Regards,
-sm