[rfc-i] Updating drafts that are in the RFC Editor's queue?

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Apr 23 08:29:30 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 05:12:00PM +0200,
 Julian Reschke <julian.reschke at gmx.de> wrote
 a message of 17 lines which said:

> That being said: *if* changes are needed for a draft in the queue,
> doing so by actually posting a new draft seems to be much better
> approach then doing it in AUTH48 (during which few people pay
> attention).

I don't think it would be a good idea.

>From my experience, bugs in approved I-D (entering the RFC Editor
queue) are common (most of the times editorial, sometimes
technical). The process to publish a RFC is already quite heavy and
requiring one more step (when the I-D has already been translated to
nroff and so on) would seriously slow the system.