[rfc-i] Updating drafts that are in the RFC Editor's queue?

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Tue Apr 23 07:55:20 PDT 2013

Greetings again. There is a draft in the IETF stream that is in the RFC Editor's queue. After it entered that state, the authors updated the draft twice. The updates were made in agreement with the sponsoring AD, and would have been made during AUTH48 nonetheless.

Is it OK to update drafts once they are in the RFC Editor queue? If so, what is the last RFC Editor state where updates are allowed? I ask because I would have assumed that updated would be prohibited as soon as the draft went into the queue, but clearly that is not being enforced by the tools.

--Paul Hoffman