[rfc-i] Wider space after sentence-ending periods, yes or no?

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Sat Apr 13 16:08:42 PDT 2013

 On Saturday, April 13, 2013, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

> Even the subject header of this thread makes me feel sleepy.
> Maybe we can just leave the RFC Editor to resolve it.

I should have been clearer: I was specifically hoping, and should have
explicitly asked for, an answer from the RFC-Editor.  The community's
answers are nice, but I already knew what a large subset of the community
thought from the xml2rfc list discussion.

The RFC-Editor's opinion on this matter is surely more important than yours
or mine.

Also, this question is not that boring: its answer answer has implications
for RFC typesetting tools.  So please, do let's get an answer, and
preferably from the RFC-Editor first.

Nico